If you look out your window and feel rage at the lush, green foliage staring back at you, this article is for you.
Are you tired of the mature, healthy trees taking up precious space in your yard? Do you despise the shade that your trees’ canopies provide? Or do you, for one reason or another, have a personal grudge against trees? Well, there are a number of things you can do as a tree owner to encourage the death of your trees. Read on for the following most pleasant ways to indirectly or directly commit arboricide.
How to Kill A Tree in Every Season
[Disclaimer: The following tips are not recommended by Sexy Trees Berkeley Tree Services unless you want to kill your trees.]
HOW TO KILL A TREE IN FALL
- Don’t rake – leave the leaves to rot. By allowing fallen leaves to sit and accumulate moisture, you will encourage your tree to contract disease-causing fungi.
- Don’t fertilize – Fertilizing the soil will only bolster your tree’s strength for winter. Keep your tree stressed and nutrient-deprived to kill it faster.
HOW TO KILL A TREE IN WINTER
- Don’t prune – Of course, to keep a healthy tree, you’d prune the dying or diseased branches in preparation for winter dormancy. But since you want your trees dead, leave those old branches! They contribute to limb failure and poor structure in young trees.
- Don’t mulch (or pile it on) – Without mulch, the tree won’t retain soil moisture and organic matter. Plus, the tree won’t have insulation to protect it from the winter cold. Alternatively, you can pile the mulch directly on top of the tree’s root flare to slowly suffocate it and make it susceptible to root rot.
HOW TO KILL A TREE IN SPRING
- Don’t pull weeds – Weeds steal water and nutrients from your tree, so let them take over! The moist soil has the perfect conditions for weeds to thrive and grow deep, impossible-to-remove roots.
HOW TO KILL A TREE IN SUMMER
- Ignore deep watering advice – Arborists suggest deep watering trees for good health, disease prevention, and strong root formation. By ignoring this advice, you will encourage your trees to develop weak shallow roots and die faster.
- Don’t hire Berkeley Tree Services – These expert arborists will make your trees radiate with inner health. Their comprehensive Berkeley tree services keep the city’s trees robust and wide-canopied. Obviously you want your trees atrophied and sickly, so avoid arborists at all costs.
Of course, you can kill trees in any season by planting them too close together, wounding them with mowers, leaving insect and disease problems untreated, planting it in terrible soil or bad terrain, and incorrect pruning known as “topping” a tree.
Talk to Us
Skip the murder plotting and opt for Berkeley Tree Removal. At Sexy Trees, our tree removal services can rid you of the vegetation you so despise. We can even grind the stump and erase any trace that the tree was ever there. Give us a call at 925-233-6877 for a free estimate, or email us at [email protected] anytime with questions!